1.7
Additional Fees
Interest Rate
Privacy and Data Security

I had the misfortune of having a small loan with this company.While I did fall behind on some of my payments, I paid off the account when they offered me a settlement.

Or at least I thought I did. I placed the payment and they sent a receipt, however, they claim that the payment was declined. I had substantial funds to cover the amount, and no such transaction ever hit my account. This leads me to believe that they entered the card information wrong.

After a few months of not hearing anything from the company, and not realizing that the payment had not been processed, I received a summons to court. Tidewater was suing me for the original balance. I attempted to negotiate with them, for the original settlement offer and they refused. I am paying off the full total amount along with lawyer and court fees.

I fully believe that they neglected to place the settlement payment on purpose with the intent of collecting the full amount.I will never do business with Tidewater again and will be hesitant from doing business with any company that uses them as a financial institution.

Review about: Tidewater Finance Company Loan.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Had an Experience with Tidewater Finance Company?

Comments